|In the loving Memory & Spirit of the Game|
|Enjoy, your journey here on... KenAston.org|
-= The Tributes of KEN ASTON MBE
Introduced Ken Aston to AYSO
Introduced Ken Aston to AYSO
- Active AYSO volunteer continuously from 1969 to present.
- Responsible for introducing Ken Aston to AYSO, and his 22-year involvement (1980-2001).
- Coached in AYSO Region 10, Palos Verdes, 1969-1980.
- Head coach of Section One (Southern California) AYSO Division One Boys (U19) 1980 All Star Champions.
- California Soccer Association (USSF affiliate) coaching license in 1975.
- Began refereeing in AYSO in 1972; USSF referee certification in 1974.
- First recipient of Region 10's Robert Niven Award for Officiating Excellence, 1977.
Refereed numerous youth playoff games, including the AYSO Division One Boys All Star Championship prior to the LA Aztecs' inaugural game in the Rose Bowl (1978).
- AYSO Region 10 Chief Referee, and Director of Instruction several years in mid to late seventies.
- Area F/Section One Chief Referee/Referee Administrator (late seventies).
- Referee Instructor since 1974; former USSF State Referee Instructor.
- Founding director (1978), currently co-director, of the Ken Aston Referee and Referee Instructor Camps (originally the AYSO National Referee Camp).
- FIFA Law Interpreter, AYSO Referee Commission (1975 to present).
- Member of the USSF Referee Committee (1991 to present).
- Introduced numerous changes to the AYSO Rules and Regulations bringing them into agreement with the Laws of the Game.
- Responsible for AYSO Shin Guard requirement (two years before FIFA made shin guards mandatory).
- Responsible for rule prohibiting coaches and referees using tobacco products or consuming alcohol during games or practices or in the vicinity of soccer fields.
- Assisted International Football Association Board & FIFA with the 1997 rewrite of the Laws of the Game; several significant recommendations were adopted.
- Co-author of "The Rules of Soccer: Simplified" (updated annually); 1.5 million copies printed since 1978.
- Author and editor of numerous soccer instructional materials.
- Author & presenter, "Know the Rules" segment of a late 1970's Youth Soccer cable TV series.
- Referee of a Division 1 (U19) Boys championship final featured on Ara Paraseghian's Sports World, a national televised network youth sports series.
- Consultant to LA Aztecs, providing personal instruction for their television, radio and public address announcers (1977-1981), starting with sportscaster Gil Stratton.
- PA announcer, NASL 1981 championship playoffs, LA Memorial Coliseum.
- PA Booth Coordinator/Announcer 1984 Los Angeles Olympics (Rose Bowl/Soccer) and recipient of "Top Ten Percent" Olympic volunteer award.
- Volunteer with LA Galaxy (1996 to present) - liaison between fourth official's table & press box.
- Member of the AYSO division of the US National Soccer Hall of Fame.
If any one has any other... Pictures, Articles, Video, or
Mr. Ken Aston MBE
We would be happy & honored to include them on this Website.
To submit use this link... ++ Tribute Submission ++