Water or Coca-Cola?
Preparing and Training…
Founder of Ken Aston Referee Society
This is really an eye opener... Water or Coca-Cola?
We all know that Water is important... but I’ve never seen it written down like this before.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is
mistaken for hunger.
3. Even... MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as... 30%.
4. One glass of water... will
shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost
100% of the dieters studied in a
University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
significantly ease back and joint pain for up
to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,
trouble with basic math, and difficulty
focusing on the computer screen
or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer
by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%, and one is
50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
How Soda Affects Each Body Part As You Drink
Soda is one of the most consumed beverages in the
United States, second only to water. Here in the States, Americans
guzzle 57 gallons of soda per person every year, as if it wasn’t full of
But what’s happening inside the bodies of soda
consumers with each sip?
As soon as soda's swallowed, the pancreas is notified
and rapidly begins to create insulin in response to the sugar. Insulin
is a hormone the body uses to move sugar from food or drink into the
bloodstream, where cells are then able to use sugar for energy. Within
just 20 minutes, blood sugar levels spike and the liver responds to the
insulin by turning sugar into fat for storage.
Within 45 minutes of gulping down a single 20-ounce glass of
soda, caffeine from the drink is fully absorbed, and as a
result your pupils dilate and blood pressure rises. The body produces
more dopamine, which stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain —
just like a low-grade line of cocaine.
When the hour chimes, the body begins to experience a
blood sugar crash, which is around the same time a person reaches for
their second soda, or for another sweet and sugar snack to suffice.
Soda’s connection to the obesity epidemic is so intertwined, Harvard
researchers have calculated each addition soda consumed increases the
risk of obesity 1.6 times.
In addition to the threat of reaching obese
levels, researchers also found after following 40,000 men for two
decades, those who drank a sugary beverage each day had a 20 percent
increased risk of having a heart attack. The high fructose corn syrup —
a cheap replacement for cane sugar — has been associated with increased
risk of metabolic syndrome, which leads to diabetes and heart disease.
Beverage companies know the haphazard sugar cycle all too well.
the United States, they spend approximately $3.2 billion in marketing
each year in an effort to tempt consumers to pick up a liter of brown
bubbly sugar with their pizza, or a case of cans for their child’s next
birthday party. Those little children have an 80 percent increased risk
of developing type 2 diabetes if they become regular soda
drinkers. Their future will be one of kidney problems, reproductive
issues, osteoporosis, asthma, and bad teeth with dissolved tooth enamel.
And now for the properties of... COCA-COLA
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of Coca-Cola in the truck to remove blood from
the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of
will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush
The citric acid in Coca-Cola removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in
Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to
mix with the Coca-Cola for a
sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of
Coca-Cola into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular
cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info...
1. The active ingredient in Coca-Cola is... Phosphoric Acid. Its
pH is... 2.8.
will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric Acid also
leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must
use the Hazardous material place cards
reserved for Highly Corrosive Materials.
3. The distributors of Coca-Cola have been using it
to clean the engines of
their trucks for about 20+ years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of
Water or Coca-Cola?...